Our client is a publisher and manufacturer of collectable products aimed at children. It is established in early 1990s with head offices located in Barcelona-Spain. It has become a brand name recognized by children throughout Europe and in markets across the world.
The Company is seeking motivated and talented candidates for the position of Asia Operations Manager for their China (Dongguan) office.
- Leading the whole product development process, from design to production;
- Managing and working together with the Design Team based in Spain to ensure all stages of production are in line with the approved product and packaging artwork;
- Interacting with the engineering team to follow up with prototypes and samples from suppliers and checking the safety and specifications of the product;
- Ensure products meet cost, schedule, performance and safety standards and product integrity goals at each milestone, and that each product is ready and turned-over to the manufacturing source when required;
- Responsible for initial bill of materials, preliminary tool plan, ensuring proper documentation, and issuing order changes to advance product lifecycle phase and related items;
- Liaising with the engineering, costing and production teams to plan and carry out all the product development process;
- Managing all resources and ensuring objectives are achieved within deadlines and budget constraints;
- Directing of product development calendars, including managing the NPD timelines, coordinating weekly meetings and ensuring effective team communication;
- Developing procurement strategies for the acquisition of raw materials, tools, supplies, investments and third party-services;
- Negotiating pricing, contracts and payment terms with suppliers;
- Evaluating and solving conflicts with suppliers;
- Prepare and improve methods for the evaluation of suppliers and supply risk assessment
- Collaborating with the management on orders and deadlines re-schedule;
- Sourcing new items, delivering materials and supplies to other Southeast Asian countries;
- Providing feedback about pertinent issues and concerns regarding suppliers, raw materials and finished goods to the management staff;
- Identifying and developing collaborations and other opportunities for business development also through co-manufacturing agreements;
- Building a valid team by hiring qualified personnel and organizing appropriate training in order to achieve operational execution;
- Creating and leading a “Productivity Culture” among the Asian team, creating and fostering work flow improvements, innovative cost savings ideas to deliver more competitive and agile end products;
Basic Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experiences in management positions.
- Solid and extensive knowledge and experiences in toy manufacturing environment, product development, sourcing, and quality work flow is a MUST.
- Certified experience in liaising with different parties, such as factories, workshops, outside labs and overseas offices.
- Excellent knowledge of production processes (e.g. mold creation, molding and decoration)
- Forward thinking, with passionate and curiosity attitude towards innovation and experimentation
- Can do attitude with ability to drive changes and deliver results.
- Possess of excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good command of Spoken and written in English (Spanish and Chinese is a PLUS).
- Immediate available will be highly preferred.
Working location: Based in Dongguan (PRC)
Working Hour: Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day
Interested parties please send your full resume with details of experience to date, academic achievement, present and expected salary by sending email to email@example.com
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 6 months after the date of this advertisement.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only)