Leading Spanish Companies
Spanish companies have established themselves as world leaders in many fields. For instance:
- Indra: 3 out of every 5 flights are controlled using Spanish air navigation systems.
- Telefónica: The largest European telecommunications operator.
- Iberdrola: The largest renewable energies company in the world.
- Inditex: The leading global company in the textile sector by volume of profit.
Other competitive information about Spain:
- 37% of total global infrastructure concessions are held by Spanish companies, including the expansion of the Panama Canal.
- Spain has the second largest high-speed railway network in the world, after China.
- Spain is the biggest exporter of olive oil in the world (ABC newspaper, 2012).