Dear members and friends,
The DELE diploma is an official certificate with an international reputation which certifies a certain level of competence in using the Spanish language, which is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (European Union).
- Diploma de Español Nivel A1 (Starter level): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for a very basic range of the most common expressions used in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Diploma de Español Nivel A2 (Elementary): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability related to areas of most important relevance, including simple terms aspects of the candidate´s background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Diploma de Español Nivel B1 (Inicial / Beginner level): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for understanding and responding appropriately in most normal day-to-day situations and for expressing desires and needs in a basic way.
- Diploma de Español Nivel B2 (Intermedio / Intermediate level): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability to get by in average day-to-day situations in normal communication circumstances, where specialized use of the language is not required.
- Diploma de Español Nivel C1: At this level, users are expected to be able to use the structures of a language with ease and fluency. Users are able to adapt their language use to a variety of social situations, and express opinions and take part in discussions and arguments in a culturally acceptable way.
- Diploma de Español Nivel C2 (Superior / Proficiency level): This qualification attests to the linguistic competence necessary for situations which require an advanced use of the language and knowledge of the cultural customs embedded within it.
The University of Salamanca collaborates with the Instituto Cervantes in the development of the examinations and in the marking of the examination papers
The exam for obtaining the DELEs (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2) consists of four/five tests: reading comprehension, written expression, listening comprehension, grammar and vocabulary, and oral expression. The grade "no apto" (unsatisfactory) in one of the sections will imply the candidate's failure in the entire exam. All parts should be retaken at a future date.
Over 100.000 people have taken the DELE exams in eighty countries and two hundred and ninety cities throughout the world. The Diplomas are recognized by official institutions of Spanish – speaking countries and, increasingly, by corporations, chambers of commerce, and educational institutions in Europe and the United States. Several American universities award course credit for the diplomas or require Spanish majors to acquire them.
Past papers link
- Applicants must provide proof of citizenship of a country in which Spanish is not the official language.
- Currently there is no minimum age requirement for the DELE exams
- HK$655 DELE A1 (Starter) *HK$605
- HK$745 DELE A2 (Elementary) *HK$690
- HK$840 DELE B1 (Beginner) *HK$780
- HK$1,080 DELE B2 (Intermediate) *HK$1,000
- HK$1,190 DELE C1 (Advanced) *HK$1,100
- HK$1,250 DELE C2 (Proficiency) *HK$1,150
*Discount rates are available for CityU/CCCU students, groups (minimum 10 students) or students taking our preparation course:
Registration fees should be paid by cheque. Cheque in HK$ should be crossed and made payable to “City University of Hong Kong”
Please send/deliver the cheque to Miss Winnie Tam, Division of Language Studies (G5710) on or before 15 April 2011
Date: 21 May 2011
Time: 9:00a.m. ~ 4:00p.m.
Venue: RTF-411, RTF-412 (Telford Annex, Kowloon Bay)
IMPORTANT: For candidates living in Hong Kong, the oral interview could be scheduled on 20 May, 2011.
Exams for the Diploma de Español Starter, Beginner, Intermediate and Proficiency.
Register between 21 February and 15 April. NO application will be accepted after 15 April 2011.
Applicants can register for the DELE exam at the Spanish Section, Division of Language Studies (accredited examination site). The following documentation is required:
2. Photocopy of one picture I.D. with the following personal information: full name, place and date of birth, and nationality. The personal information provided in the registration form must be the same as that of the picture I.D. Applicants will be required to present the original I.D. document at the time of the examination.
3. Please hand in the forms to Miss Winnie Tam, Division of Language Studies (G5710) Academic Building, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. on or before 15 April 2011
1. Please complete all the spaces on the registration form. We will use this information to contact you and to inform you about the instructions for the exam, grades, etc. Please include your e-mail address if you have one.
2. If you change your address, before or after the exam, please contact your examination site.
3. In the unlikely event of insufficient enrolment for DELE, CCCU reserves the right not to offer it.
P/S: download the forms
La Cámara respeta su intimidad. Su correo electrónico nunca será compartido con otros sin su consentimiento previo.
Tenga la amabilidad de incluir nuestra dirección en su apartado de correos deseados para asegurar la recepción de nuestros mensajes.
Si desea dejar de recibir nuestros mensajes, por favor responda a este correo escribiendo la palabra UNSUBSCRIBE en el apartado “asunto”.
The SCC respects your privacy. Your email will never be shared with a third party without your consent.
Please add us to your safe senders list to ensure you receive future information and event updates from SCC in your Inbox.
To UNSUBSCRIBE from our list, reply to this email and type UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.